The Enterprise Core Services team is responsible for the foundational services used internally at Facebook. The team focuses on delivering highly-available services using well-known, industry standard solutions when practical. A primary goal of the team is to continue to evolve the deployment and management of these services to follow standard Facebook practices and ensure security and scalability. The services we manage include authentication and directory services, public key infrastructure, email, load balancing, and virtual desktop services, among others.
- Design and deploy highly available infrastructure services that Facebook employees depend on
- Build, scale, and secure traditional services using innovative solutions
- Automate where possible, implement and improve processes where necessary
- Participate in org-wide incident review and remediation
- Leverage the scale and complexity of the larger facebook.com infrastructure to solve problems for IT’s customers
- Be the final escalation point for issues related to core Windows infrastructure
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years system administration experience
- 4+ years experience in PowerShell scripting
- 2+ years experience working with monitoring and configuration management tools such as Chef and DSC
- Experience in configuring and maintaining of applications such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Apache, MS SQL, MS Exchange, Postfix, Squid, MySQL, and SNMP
- Experience scripting in other languages such as Ruby, Python, or PHP
- Virtualization and block storage experience
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.