- Please include a writing sample or portfolio with your application
GRIN is headquartered in Sacramento, CA, yet has a “Remote First” work policy, meaning remote, or work from home, is the default. Therefore this position is open to anyone in the United States who can work Sacramento core business hours. We will give preference to candidates on Pacific Standard Time. When it is safe to do so, we will get together as a team, so in these situations you are required to come into the office.
- Plan, draft, maintain, edit, and publish content for internal and external audiences, including help articles, release notes, and user guides.
- Work with Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams to develop high-quality technical content.
- Act as the lead in organizing and standardizing content for various teams’ accessibility (e.g. structured metadata, internal and external knowledge base management).
- Document new product features as well as changes to existing product features.
- Organize documentation and make it easily discoverable
- Work closely with technical and support staff to ensure that conceptual and instructional documentation for implementing and using the product is accurate, complete, and well-organized.
- Participate in planning documentation projects with Product and Product Marketing teams.
- Propose structural and organizational improvements to the documentation set so that both new and advanced users can easily find information relevant to their requirements, use cases, and environments.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documentation written by others.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Contribute to documentation efforts for assigned products in-line with the overall content strategy.
- Work with cross-functional teams composed of product managers, developers, designers, and business analysts, to gain product knowledge, and to plan, develop, write, and maintain content.
- Actively participate in impact analysis and ensure that process and procedure impacts are identified and appropriately reflected for impacted users.
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly
- Ability to thrive, without much oversight, in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple project-based documentation assignments simultaneously
- Creative, empathetic, collaborative, optimistic, and curious
- Adept at documenting and communicating technical concepts clearly and precisely
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
- An aptitude for learning and retaining complex concepts
- Persistent and creative in order to get the information needed to get the job done
- Deadline-driven, with a proactive mindset to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Curiosity, willingness to learn and technical acumen are essential qualities for success
What you’ll bring:
- 3-4 years experience writing software documentation to support product release cycles at a SaaS company
- Excellent technical writing skills and an ability to make complex topics easy and engaging
- Experience delivering high-quality documentation for constantly evolving early-stage product features.
- Excellent, clear, clean, accessible writing; an obsessive eye for consistency and technical accuracy
- Experience writing technical product documentation from scratch
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum software development teams.
- Strong organization skills to prioritize multiple tasks while working effectively in a very fast paced environment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally.
- Competitive salary
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Home Office set up
- 401k Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Tons of growth opportunity