About the Role:
The Software Developer’s role entails working as part of the software automation team in support of the core network and customer groups within Windstream. The mission is to provide world class customer service and network support through innovative teamwork and advanced technology while maintaining respect for our customers and integrity of our employees. This is accomplished through network alarm surveillance, software loading and support, logical security administration, technical support and change management control. The candidate will use their proficient programming and analytical skills to improve the efficiency of the teams through automation.
What You’ll Do:
The primary responsibility is to use the RESOLVE software system to automate and support Tier I and II functions and assist in event management.
The secondary responsibility is to create and support external scripts/tools that support the overall goal of improving efficiency and reducing operational cost.
Many of the automation designs are delivered by external teams providing evaluation, research of the areas of need. The Engineer will be responsible for collaboration and feedback on the design elements to assure a successful deployment. The evolving vision of the role is to incorporate a DevOps mindset where the Engineer will be able to see a problem, design, implement, measure and support the solution.
- Research and analyze event handling processes to determine the best way to automate work.
- Create, Test, and Release run books within the RESOLVE system to automate repeatable processes. Resolve is a platform based on Java and Groovy. Candidate should have either Java or Groovy efficiency.
- Create and use external scripts/tools that support the overall goal of improving efficiency.
- Collaborate with internal teams to assure the best design and implementation of the projects
- Ensures completion of milestones with on-time completion of projects
- Produces As-built Documentation
- Team-oriented with desire to help other team members as necessary
- Solid communication skills (oral and written)
- Positive and constructive attitude
- Appreciates mentoring and guidance
Do you Have?
Must Have: Java, or Groovy programming
- Technologies: Java, Groovy, Python, SQL, Perl, PHP
- Software: MS Office, Oracle, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, Tivoli Netcool NOI, Remedy, Zabbix, Nagios
- Web application design: HTML, Java Servlets, JDBC connectivity, ADO connectivity, JSP, ASP, Grails
- Software development: Resolve, Java
- Database development: Oracle, mySQL, DB2, MariaDB
- Technology: Telecommunications, Software Automation
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
Health & Flexible Savings Account
Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
Educational Assistance Plan
Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
Windstream Holdings, is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
College degree and 3-5 years’ experience or 7 years equivalent related Engineering/Technical experience or a combination of education and related Engineering/Technical experience required.
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and veteran status. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.