We Are Seeking
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a software developer, developing highly interactive websites and tools for an innovative cybersecurity company headquartered in Madison, SD. Our team is proud of our people-focused culture and the opportunity to work on innovative projects for thousands of organizations throughout the U.S. You will be working to design, build, and maintain high quality technology solutions for risk management, while working in an Agile environment with a small team of skilled developers. We are looking for passionate problem-solving individuals who are willing to learn and adapt to the changing landscape of cybersecurity.
This position is for remote work, with little expected travel. To better enable in office work and collaboration on business projects, preference will be given to candidate who can work out of our Madison office or is located in the surrounding area such as Sioux Falls, SD or is located in South Dakota or surrounding state areas of Minnesota, Iowa, and Nebraska.
The Software Developer designs, builds, tests, and maintains high quality technology solutions to meet business needs. The duties of this role primarily focus on building applications by writing and modifying code to fix errors, adapt to new technologies, improve performance, and implement new features; and will be involved in guiding system testing and validation procedures. This role works collaboratively in an Agile environment with other skilled developers and departments through the full software life cycle and assisting with technical issues related to the Application software systems. You will be expected to have knowledge of programming languages and the software development life cycle.
- Detailed design, coding, code optimization, unit testing, and code deployment.
- Full software life cycle: requirements gathering, analysis, solution design, development, code reviews, test automation, and implementation using Agile methodologies (Scrum, TDD, BDD).
- Review and provide feedback on other developer’s code.
- Peer review designs, fix bugs, and troubleshoot operational issues.
- Produce detailed specifications and documentation.
- Deliver a high level of performance in the quantity of work produced and the quality of deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 or 4-year degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and related experience/training
- One to three years’ experience in software development
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity working with relational Database
- Work collaboratively in Scrum environment utilizing Agile tools i.e. JIRA
- Knowledge of programming languages and technologies, .Net Core, MVC, C#, Vue.js, or SQL.
SBS CyberSecurity, LLC (SBS) is a premier cybersecurity consulting and audit firm. Since 2004, SBS has been dedicated to assisting organizations with the implementation of valuable risk management programs and to mitigating cybersecurity risks. The company has provided cybersecurity solutions to thousands of organizations across the United States and abroad, including financial institutions ranging in asset size from $12 million to over $130 billion. SBS delivers unique, turnkey solutions tailored to each clients needs, including risk management solutions, auditing, and education. SBS CyberSecurity empowers customers to make more informed security decisions and trust the safety of their data.
- Our culture is priority! Management and employees rely on our core values of Passion, Compassion, Desire, Innovation, Integrity, and Empowerment when working not only with customers, but each other as well.
- We pride ourselves in our flexible and family-friendly company culture.
- We offer competitive wages and excellent benefits package with many premiums paid for by SBS.
- The majority of our positions offer work from home opportunities.
- We encourage employee growth and assist paying for industry certifications and education.
- We believe our employees are our greatest asset!