Imagine a community of students taking action toward their dreams and living happier lives. In this world, people are so fulfilled they reach out and positively contribute to the lives of others. That’s whom we impact, and that’s what we are building. Want to be a part of it?
To determine whether you’d be a good fit, ask yourself:
- Would you like to go to work each day knowing that you are using your talents to help others and better the world?
- Are you inspired by the thought of positively impacting tens of thousands of students?
- Are you ready to work in an organization that is rapidly growing and embraces change?
- Would you like to work with people whom you respect and can learn from every day?
- Do you desire to work for an organization that cares about your growth, where your own drive and interests help you create your own future?
- Are you within commuting distance of Jersey City, NJ?
Our guiding question is: “Are we helping the greatest number of people in the greatest possible way?” Are you inspired? Let’s change the world together.
The PHP Software Developer will join a team of over 75 purpose-driven staff members in a friendly, focused, fast-paced entrepreneurial office environment. The National Society of Leadership and Success is the largest collegiate leadership honor society in the United States, with over 700 chapters and more than one million members, who collectively have completed over 282,000 hours of community service.
- Maintain and write efficient code in PHP7 (OOP)
- Write efficient MySql queries
- Hand code HTML/CSS
- Work directly with team members, across departments, to build Web applications from the ground up
- Ongoing development, maintenance and updating of The National Society of Leadership and Success website (www.nsls.org)
- Conduct a rigorous analysis of software development project requirements
- Hold brainstorming sessions with subject matter experts, business analysts, designers, and development team members to identify ideas and solutions to deliver stated requirements.
- Troubleshoot and implement bug fixes as required and ensure the smooth operations of web processes.
- Perform code testing and create documentation for software created.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Ability to write efficient MySQL queries.
- Ability to hand code HTML/CSS.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent, work related, PHP experience.
- This position requires exceptional technical, organizational and communication skills across departments.
- Strong drive and ability to meet or exceed established deadlines and timetables.
- Ability to wear multiple hats and play a key role in company growth and success.
- Good knowledge of SQL and related databases, with a preference for those with MySQL experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the basic PHP 7 or web server exploits along with their solutions.
- Experience building or maintaining a CMS.
- A detailed understanding of database design and administration.
- Proficiency when it comes to code versioning tools.
- The ability to integrate a variety of data sources and databases into a single system.
Benefits You Receive While Working at the NSLS Include:
- Healthcare Benefits
- 401K with 3% employer contribution
- Working daily with a team of positive people
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand into new markets
- Feeling good knowing you are using your talents to better the world
- 1.5hr lunch to work out at a five-star gym and cost of membership subsidized
- Bonuses up to 13% of salary based on achievement of company-wide metrics
- A company that believes and invests in your personal and professional growth
- Paid time off (PTO days), holidays, PLUS week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
The National Society of Leadership and Success is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion.
Visit www.nsls.org to learn more about our organization.
his is a Remote (work from home) position.