From $70,000 a year
Full Job Description
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide are committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
This role resides in the VMware Security Business Unit, VMware Carbon Black, which is the leader in cloud-native endpoint protection dedicated to keeping the world safe from cyber-attacks. The VMware Carbon Black Cloud consolidates endpoint protection and IT operations into an endpoint protection platform (EPP) that prevents advanced threats, provides actionable insight, and enables businesses of all sizes to simplify operations.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
This person will play a critical role on the VMware Carbon Black Managed Detection team as a security advisor, detection engineer, and product evangelist. The Junior Security Engineer (MDR) is responsible for supporting the team’s goals as a senior member of the team by building and supporting the processes and tools required for sales engagements, including automating processes, responding to red team/penetration testing, and responding to additional testing against Carbon Black Cloud products during the sales process. The ideal candidate will possess extensive offensive and defensive security knowledge and skills which are needed to aid with technical understanding and credibility during the sales engagement lifecycle, ensuring the success of VMware Carbon Black’s solutions. This role will lead the innovation for building new detection capabilities as needed to support the offensive testing process and overall product efficacy. As part of the Managed Detection team, the Junior Security Engineer (MDR) works closely with Threat, Sales, R&D, Security Efficacy, and Product Management to demonstrate product capability, inspire confidence, and effectively communicate the power of VMware Carbon Black solutions.
- Partner with our Sales team to facilitate product testing to support all aspects and phases of the VMware Carbon Black proof of concept process
- Ability to design and automate testing procedures to show the detection capabilities of VMware Carbon Black products
- Collaborate with customers, sales, and team members to develop an extensive strategy for effective detections of malicious activity
- Identify and implement new detections and detection improvements associated with the proof of concept testing process
- Evangelize and demonstrate VMware Carbon Black products to the internal core team, prospects, customers, and partners through the use of presentations and product demos
- Manage all aspects of the prospect evaluation process including:
- Properly scope and define evaluation goals and Win Drivers
- Perform demonstrations and proof of concepts of VMware Carbon Black products
- Work independently and/or with VMware Carbon Black Technical Support and Engineering to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Respond to technical objections and create competitive differentiation
- Respond to RFI’s and RFP’s
- Document evaluation progress and results in SFDC
- Act as a senior member of the team, providing leadership, guidance, mentorship, and training to junior team members
Preferred Skills :
- 5+ years of enterprise sales engineering experience selling into the F500, with a focus on global clientele
- Exceptional verbal communication skills in relation to technical subject matter
- Demonstrated experience as an expert in endpoint, workload, kubernetes and network security
- Ability to talk to VMware Carbon Black customers in a comprehensive and effective manner and/or experience in a client facing role
- Experience with vSphere, vCenter, and VDI in an enterprise capacity preferred
- Expert in Windows, macOS, and/or linux endpoint operating systems
- Endpoint security, NGAV, EDR, and threat hunting experience
- Proven technical track record with securing Windows, macOS, and linux operating systems
- Understanding of Risk, Security Policy, Compliance, and Audit
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- BS/BA in IT, IS or related field of study or equivalent
For positions located in Colorado: This position has a salary range starting at $70,000, annually. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-1115
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Information Security
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-12
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.