Westminster, CO 80234•Remote
Full Job Description
Work is no longer a place. It’s what you do. And how you do it. More fluid, more flexible, powered by your imagination and by some amazing technology! That’s where we come in. We’re Poly. We’re a global outfitter of pro-grade audio and video technology so that employees everywhere can look and sound their best from anywhere. Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to bring professional audio and video meeting technology and services to everyone. Be a part of our journey!
Poly is seeking an experienced software professional to join our dynamic, highly successful engineering team.
As a Software Development Engineer working on industry-leading collaboration products you’ll be making a positive impact on how people live and work.
You’ll gain career-expanding experience across a wide cross-section of product development activities, taking advantage of the latest technologies and helping to create the products of tomorrow.
Your day to day
- Define, design, implement, test and support new features in Poly’s Media Relay Server
- Solve complex problems related to high performance, scalable, video conferencing solutions
- Support customers and resolve product issues
- Work in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Emphasize clean, re-usable design and code built for test automation
- Focus on continuous improvement and learning, both at a personal and team level
*This role can be fully remote*
What you bring to the team
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years of software development experience
- Proven effectiveness working with Agile software development ideals and best practices
- 2+ years on hands on experience with C++ or Java
- Proven experience developing applications on Linux-based platforms
- Knowledge in video conferencing protocols (H.323, SIP, RTP, SDP, etc), architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Excellent debugging skills
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation range for this position is between $72,000 to $120,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary could vary beyond this range based on your specific skills and experience. This is an incentive-based role.
As a full-time team member, you are eligible to receive competitive health benefits, paid time off, flexible and remote work options, 401(k) savings plan, ESPP, and other incentives.
At Poly, leadership principles aren’t just something we talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where people feel empowered, supported, and included –where trust and transparency are built into the way we work – where creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day.
- C3 – Customer. Customer. Customer: Customer obsession is everyone’s job. You enjoy solving customers’ problems – big or small. You work closely with customers, channel partners and their teams to deliver innovative solutions.
- Raise the Bar: You take pride in your work and know details matter. You know that shavings make a pile. You seek every opportunity to continuously improve teams, products, and processes.
- Communicate Courageously: You speak with candor but aren’t a jerk. You constructively challenge your teammates to get to the best possible outcome or decision. Once a decision is made, you fully align and stay aligned.
- Onward and Upward: You learn from the past but focus on the future. You rapidly adapt to changes in the marketplace. You help to create solutions that move the company forward with energy, momentum, and results.
- Own It: You know your business, your customers, and your team – inside and out. You don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. You act with integrity, spend money like it’s your own, and put Poly first.
- Take the Leap: Speed matters in business. You encourage and require those around you to think strategically and act decisively. Poly values calculated risk taking.
- Ride Together: We are one team. We do what we say we’ll do, we treat each other with respect, we have each other’s back, and we hold each other accountable.
- Leaders Lead: You know you are part of a larger global community and make decisions as good stewards of the earth, its resources and its people.
Our Commitment as an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, accessibility needs, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
No matter where you’re based, you’ll experience a company that believes that teamwork and collaboration drive maximum impact, seeks well-rounded talent to focused on providing the best customer experience, and understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint. And, top of mind to us is continuously and purposefully building an inclusive culture that empowers all of our team members, across the globe, to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.