$31,200 a year
Full Job Description
Full Stack Developer / Software Engineer – II
Kaplan is continuously evolving our technology products and customer experience to maintain our position as the global leader in professional education. We are looking for software engineers to help us advance our Business & Data Systems.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for software development as a member of a project team. He/she works closely with subject matter experts, business analysts, quality analysts, and others to design, develop, and test software solutions to business problems.
- Solve problems of considerable scope and complexity
- Designing, coding (at least 80%), debugging and optimizing both front-end and back-end components as well as internal tools, such as configuration management and development/test environments.
- Help select and incorporate new tools and methods
- Work closely with project, application, and enterprise architects to develop solutions.
- Drive the continuous evolution of best practices within the development team.
- Identify and recommend where increased automation, performance enhancements, application enhancements and quality enhancements may be incorporated.
- Balance customer and business needs to design, develop, test, and deliver against timelines.
- Contribute to architecture and code design, estimates, code reviews, and documentation to ensure top quality software.
- Keeps current with emerging technologies and technological developments within the industry.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Reviews current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Remains flexible and responsive to changing priorities and multiple, concurrent responsibilities.
- Be a talent multiplier that motivates the team around them to excel and perform well.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 3+ Years’ experience in software development engineering experience, good design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns, single page application designs, web server / service development
- Good knowledge of systems architecture.
- Strong skills in the use of development software tools. Experience in Visual Studio or other modern IDE environments
- Considerable experience and aptitude in the creation of dynamic web software.
- Application development experience using .NET, C#, MVC, AJAX/jQuery, CSS, and other web development technologies
- Experience with SPA Frameworks (e.g Angular JS, Aurelia JS), Cloud Deployments, AWS, OpenStack, Azure
- Experience with diagnostics tools (Tealeaf, Fiddler, IE Inspector, HTTP Analyzer)
- Automated build and continuous integration experience.
- Experience with SOAP and REST web-services.
- Experience with both relational databases (e.g. SQL Server) and unstructured data-stores (NoSQL).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience with education software
- Docker and Containerization experience, a plus.
Job Functional Area
00072 Kaplan Test Prep
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions with Kaplan are paid at least $15 per hour or $31,200 per year for full-time positions. Compensation for specific positions are based on job level, skills, years of experience, and education, among other factors. Additionally, certain positions are bonus or commission eligible.