Kitware’s Medical Computing team solves complex healthcare challenges through customized software solutions. The team provides research, development, and technology integration services to research centers, universities and companies in the medical and biomedical sectors. By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic multidisciplinary work environment with exceptionally talented computer scientists, software engineers, mechanical engineers and biomedical engineers.
About the projects:
We build powerful software solutions using our well-established open source platforms including VTK, ITK, 3D Slicer, Pulse, iMSTK, CMake and ParaView. Our commercial projects involve generating solutions for medical device companies from ultrasound and preclinical imaging companies, to surgery device companies. Our research projects involve collaborations with top research institutions, including Harvard Medical School, MIT, the University of Utah, Cleveland Clinic, Duke University and others and build on our open source platforms.
In This Position You Will:
- Collaborate with our distributed research and development engineering team as well as external collaborators and customers to design and implement new features and fix bugs for our platforms and web applications
- Contribute to the overall architecture design of web applications
- Maintain scalability, code integrity, and usability of applications
- Participate in our team’s software quality assurance practices
- Work concurrently on multiple projects for a variety of customers
- Be an excellent communicator with both local and remote teammates
- Translate scientific requirements of collaborators into technical and architectural application requirements
- Apply scientific computing algorithms to solve medical computing problems with modern web technologies
- Be part of a team developing web-based solutions to solve interesting domain specific problems, such as ParaView Glance used for 2D and 3D visualization of scientific data or HistomicsTK used for visualization and analysis of large scale microscopy images
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area, plus 3-5 years experience in web development that includes turning design specifications into production APIs for clients.
- Back-end service programming in Python
- Experience with Database Management Systems (DBMS)
- Knowledge of HTTP and related standards such as REST
- Experience with quality software process tools and methodologies, such as Git, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Experience designing and building software solutions from the ground up based on business requirements
- Proficiency with modern web-dev application frameworks such as React.js, Vue.js, django, fastapi, flask and/or infrastructure technologies such as AWS
- Numerical computing with WebAssembly
- Experience using type safety technologies like mypy and Typescript
- Ability to build secure web applications that protect against common attack vectors
- Experience with machine learning (deep learning) applications
- Experience building web-based medical image analysis and visualization applications
Kitware collaborates with customers to solve the world’s most complex scientific challenges through customized software solutions. Kitware delivers innovation by focusing on advanced technical computing, state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, and full-spectrum software solutions. Since its founding in 1998, Kitware has developed a reputation for deep customer understanding and technical expertise, honest interactions, and open innovation. We are proud to be a 100% employee-owned company. For additional information, please visit kitware.com. You can also follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Kitware is proud to be a 100% employee-owned company. Our team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, tuition reimbursement program, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.