Who We Are Bright Cellars is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
Our Mission *is to inspire and educate a new generation of wine lovers by delivering a transformative, personalized wine experience.
We are obsessed with creating a member-centric wine journey.
We value smart, sustainable growth.
We are curious and humble learners.
We cultivate a diverse, collaborative, and transparent workplace.
We identify our challenges quickly and solve them thoughtfully.
We hold each other accountable to success.
We back our intuition and experience with data-driven insights.
We love wine and work to share that love with our members.
How Bright Cellars Works Our members join Bright Cellars by taking a 7 question-quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Points learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to determine the best wine matches for each member’s taste. Each month, members receive four or six unique bottles in the mail, which they are then able to rate and provide personalized feedback on their profile. Similar to Netflix’s collaborative filtering algorithm, Bright Cellars’s algorithm uses this feedback to improve members’ monthly matches going forward.
A Little About This Role: *
Bright Cellars is looking for a Front Engineer to join our eCommerce team. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a highly collaborative culture, and adapts in a rapidly changing environment. To succeed in this role, you will be a self-starter who is constantly challenging yourself with new technologies.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with our design team to bring mockups to life
- Translate wireframes into live code
- Instrumenting site tracking for analytics
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable frontend components
- Use responsive frameworks and grid systems to ensure usability on all devices and browsers
Technical Experience We’re Looking For:
- Experience with ReactJS and PHP
- GTM/Event tracking
- Responsive web design
- UI/UX design and implementation
- MarTech integrations and implementations
- Past experience working in a front end engineering position or full stack position on production eCommerce applications for several years.
- MVC frameworks
- Jest testing
- Analytics tools (mixpanel, google analytics)
- Adobe products (photoshop)
- Cross-functional e-mail design & implementation
- AWS (S3, Cloudfront)
Who You Are:
- You’re an Innovator – You enjoy working with new technologies ranging from the frontend to backend, and are particularly passionate and an expert in multiple stacks
- You’re A Problem Solver – You have strong experience with various technologies, and know how to pick the right tool for any job.
- You’re a Team Player – You love to collaborate closely with the team to brainstorm ideas, gather requirements, and review and improve code
- You’re Driven – You have the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- You’re Curious – You are naturally curious and have an interest in learning new things.
Perks of Working at Bright Cellars:
- Competitive total compensation offerings
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexibility & work/life balance
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Heavily discounted monthly wine memberships
- Opportunity to attend wine tastings led by our resident sommelier
- Opportunity to build something incredible while being surrounded by intelligent, hardworking and motivated coworkers
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up!
Job Type: Full-time