ABOUT THE ROLE
Interior Define is seeking a Frontend Developer to play a key role in expanding our brand story by joining our team. We are looking for a passionate individual who is excited to grow, innovate and disrupt the home furnishings industry through a transformative experience. The problems we solve on the engineering team span e-commerce, supply chain/fulfillment, and data analysis.
At our core, Interior Define is a people first company. We are committed to building and empowering a team that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive across all facets of individual identity. We promote collaboration, shared learning, and contributions to our respective communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- 3+ Years of professional development experience in a collaborative team setting
- Solid experience as a member of agile teams collaborating with other developers, product managers, and designers
- Understanding of OOP and the importance of the importance of user centered design
- Able to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines
- A creative problem-solver and great communicator — over email, Slack, Zoom, Trello, Google Docs, etc.
- Experience using project management tools like Jira, Trello, Asana etc.
- Exposure to e-commerce principles
- Work with Sr. Director of Engineering and other developers on the full application lifecycle
- Write, test, maintain, and document clean, manageable and scalable code
- Partner with backend developers, product managers, and product designers to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translating learnings into an effective technical solution
- Stay current with latest technologies and drive tech initiatives
GREAT TO HAVE
- Experience working successfully in a remote environment or with some remote team members
- Experience with Magento
- Experience with an MVC like Laravel
- Experience with Blade templates
- Experience with hosting environments (AWS, Rackspace, etc)
- Understand the pros and cons of Service Oriented Architecture
- Startup experience, ideally in an e-commerce environment
- Experience with headless e-commerce setups
- Passion or curiosity for interior design and furniture
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the outlined requirements. We love meeting talented individuals who are excited about our brand and eager to grow in a startup environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY*
Shopping for a sofa is one of the most important and emotional purchases anyone makes for their home. Your sofa sits in the center of your home, anchoring your space and influencing the way you interact with friends and family for years. Despite the significance of this purchase there was no brand making the experience more comfortable.
Interior Define is revolutionizing the way people shop for furniture (beginning with sofas). Through a vertical, made-to-order production approach and e-commerce focus, Interior Define crafts exceptional, customizable sofas and offers them for attainable prices. Interior Define makes customization easy: sofas can be tailored by size, fabric, configuration, leg style, and sit. Free white-glove delivery and a 100-day return policy are included with every order. Your space is unique. Your sofa should be too.
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly mental health day
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- 12 company holidays
- 401K and life insurance
- Training and development budget
- Phone and internet stipend
- Home office setup reimbursement
- 40% employee discount
- $1,000 Sofa Credit at 6 months (can be combined with employee discount). Replenished every 2 years.
- Sabbatical program after 5 years of service
- Stock options
- Company-sponsored Headspace account
Job Type: Full-time