Essential Job Duties (Text Only): In close collaboration with the client and internal stakeholders, the Analyst is responsible for overseeing the effective use of data, reports, and business processes to support project operations, operational improvement, and optimization. The Analyst utilizes best practice methods to prepare, summarize, and distribute reports that track/measure/identify trends and correlation, in an effort to improve project performance. The deep understanding of business processes and KPIs is crucial to the success of this role. The position also analyzes process performance using existing reporting capabilities, in order to detect process performance problems and define improvements. The position provides guidance, background information, and assistance to the client and internal stakeholders, on the development of new reports and the modification and interpretation of existing reports to support operational review. Job Description Summary WD USA:
The Analyst is responsible for understanding business process management and business requirements of the client and translating them to specific software and reporting requirements. The Analyst utilizes strong technical business intelligence skills and a deep understanding of the client’s needs, to deliver high-quality, complex, and scalable analytic solutions.
Â Job Summary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: – Plan and execute analysis – often interrogating data and other information to perform root cause analysis, impact assessments, or to identify key measures and indicators of process performance making recommendations to improve or correct performance. – Create and manage allied process documentation including business needs statements, business requirements, use case documentation, test plans, report specifications; ensuring all required process documentation is accurate, correctly detailed, maintained and organized in the appropriate repository. – Design, execute and evaluate test plans to ensure source data are accurately represented in presentation data objects (dashboards/reports). – Facilitate discussion among process stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) to elicit, analyze, communicate (both written and verbally) and validate requirements, process design, and business intelligence/reporting needs. – Mentor, train, and provide guidance, background information, and assistance to managers, analysts and other staff on standards and best practices in the following areas: business and operational analysis, and interpretation and effective use of process models, presentation objects and other analysis artifacts. – Ensure requirements are met and intended benefits are realized through the effective use of data via a range of visualizations (e.g, dashboards, reports), and alerts while instituting standards and best practices. Minimum Requirements: – Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience. – May have additional training or education in area of specialization. – Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope & complexity. – General application of concepts & principles. – Contributes to the completion of organizational projects & goals. – Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. – Applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks. – Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related technical field, with 2+ years of experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Database/SQL Development, or equivalent combination of experience and education required
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analytics, Engineering, or a related technical field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with data storage, retrieval, and analysis using various reporting tools and query languages, including SQL Server or Oracle
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools or packages (SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.) PowerBI strongly preferred
- Experience with data warehousing technologies and architectures
- Data manipulation and transformation skills
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Experience with the software development cycle
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business acumen and the ability to communicate analytical findings in a clear and concise manner
- Implements the design, analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of a variety of reports and analytical solutions.
- Performs complex data analysis, results interpretation, and report preparation in support of business process management and/or ad-hoc and standing customer requests.
- Mentors and/or assists other Analysts on assigned tasks in the implementation of reporting or analytical projects.
- Ensures data accuracy and validates all data collection methods used in reporting objects
- Evaluate data quality, applications, and functions, produce output, and maintain reporting operations and documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Project/Position Introduction (MAX 500 Characters): Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com. EEO Statement: EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.