Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 335M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
Back Market is seeking a passionate, innovative and creative Content Writer to join our North America team. As a Content Writer, you’ll support our North America team, contributing to the evolution of our customer communications, including email, social media, website and more. You will support the improvement of our translated documentation and special projects to support all areas of Back Market. We’re looking for a strong contributor with a creative perspective, amazing writing skills and the confidence to execute independently as well as collaboratively. This person is agile, organized and eager to act. They’re hungry, prolific and can both listen and lead. Most importantly, they’re excited to become experts in what makes Back Market uniquely special, and find new ways to make the U.S. Business shine!
Your mission (if you choose to accept it)
- Localize all our content for North America including customer-facing content (FAQ articles, SelfHelp pages, Website, etc.), agent-facing content and merchant-facing content.
- Miscellaneous copyright work to support the global team in creating professional quality US content for all new initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Continuous Improvement team, the Customer Care team and the Supply team to drive consistent and correct brand messaging, voice and tone across all communication channels and products
- Brainstorm, strategize and create a variety of solutions that elevate the Back Market brand through email, social media, digital display and on-site needs
- Articulate a cohesive messaging throughout the customer journey
- Ensure all projects are inclusive of clear communications as needed for our Buyers, Sellers and our Agents
You are in the right place if
- 2-5 years experience in copy/content writing with experience in both documentation and creative writing and marketing
- A fun and creative and well-written cover letter maybe check out our website! (make us love you!)
- Portfolio or sample work that demonstrates creative thinking and writing skills
- Experience writing for multiple channels (e-commerce websites, email, social media, Knowledge of base, marketing)
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment, producing high-quality work at a rapid pace
- Ability to balance larger concepts and vision with daily executional tasks
- Experience in ecommerce
- Passion for the Back Market brand and mission
- Matt, Talent Acquisition
- Skills Fit Test
- Mary Horvath, Head of Customer Care Performance
- Lauren Benton, Head of US Consumer Operations
- Serge Verdoux, General Manager US
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc…), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation