Socius Marketing, a division of EverCommerce, is seeking a Content Writer to join our team!
The Content Writer role is a mid-to-entry-level writing position, depending on experience. In this role, you are responsible for writing a certain amount of content per month for clients in the Home Improvement and Healthcare industry, along with a variety of other industries. You will also be responsible for copy editing and the writing of optimized meta descriptions and page titles, but the bulk of their role will be producing well-written, client content.
- Write content with internet searchers in mind
- Maintain an average of 78 pages of content per month (after 3 months)
- Perform research on various assigned topics
- Analyze and interpret data to use in website content
- Edit and proofread content written by yourself and other team members
- Stay up-to-date with SEO best practices
Socius Marketing, an EverCommerce company, is a full-service Internet marketing firm that is consistently one of the fastest growing companies in the Tampa Bay area. We offer tremendous growth opportunities to motivated individuals.
Serving a national client base, Socius is headquartered in Tampa, Florida, in the prestigious Rocky Point area. The Socius office offers panoramic views of Tampa Bay, and a corporate gym and deli are conveniently located on premises. This position is fully remote, but our team still collaborates, communicates, and celebrates wins together.
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with a range of writing style guides (emphasis on AP Style)
- Experience as a writer, editor or marketing professional
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, Google Docs etc.)
- Ability to follow strict deadlines
- Capability to perform in depth research and fact-checking
- Basic editing and proofreading skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or relevant field
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization with experience writing optimized content and meta data
- Experience using SEMRush, ahrefs or comparable tools
- Google Analytics experience
- Strong background in editing
- Capability to write and edit content in Spanish
- Experience posting content to WordPress or other similar CMS platforms
- Writing portfolio available to send
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust health and wellness benefits
- 401(k) with match
- Half-day Fridays!
- Public transportation reimbursement
- Fitness Stipend
- Start with 17 vacation days, 10 holidays, and a day off to volunteer each year
EverCommerce is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We look forward to reviewing your credentials and getting to know more about your experience!