At SMI, we are a Family Serving Families. For 50 years, we’ve provided innovative payment solutions to state and local governments, and we currently partner with 17 agencies and 12 tribal nations to deliver critical funds to millions of families around the country. What sets us apart? As a close-knit family owned organization, our culture is guided by a passion to serve, inclusivity, and compassion, and we believe that personal relationships – with our clients and with each other – are paramount to our success.
We are looking for a Content Writer to join our Marketing Team, and if you’re a talented storyteller with an eye for detail, we’d love to meet you. The Content Writer will create B2B, B2G, and B2C print and digital content that showcases our products and services, boosts brand awareness and customer engagement, and elevates our voice in the government payment solutions space. The Content Writer will write thoughtful copy for web, email, and social media to help grow our online community, research and author white papers, case studies, blogs, and newsletters, and collaborate closely with our team to produce professional-grade assets.
- Craft high-quality content that advances our mission across multiple channels, including websites, email marketing, social media, product descriptions, presentations, videos, blogs, white papers, and case studies.
- Participate in strategic planning that includes evaluating marketing intelligence, identifying customer concerns and key issues, and developing winning customer-focused strategies.
- Ensure all marketing materials clearly convey key intended messages, solutions strategies, and themes that are easily understandable, readable, consistent, and compelling.
- Review, organize, and edit written content and materials to improve clarity.
- Develop a deep knowledge of our company’s products, services, and brand image, along with each client’s requirements and program needs.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications and Marketing Coordinator, as well as the Business Development Team to support marketing needs across the entire organization.
- Manage the marketing review process with stakeholders, Compliance, and Legal and update print and online materials with internal teams and vendors.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize our online visibility.
- Assist with RFP production as necessary.
Experience: 2-3 years’ experience in content writing, digital marketing, brand communications, email marketing, social media, websites, copywriting, advertising, or a related field. Demonstrated knowledge of B2C, B2B, external, and internal marketing industry best practices is required. Knowledge of financial technology and/or government payment card industry is preferred, but not required.
- Creative writing skills with the ability to craft a story to support a competitive selling strategy.
- Proven ability to communicate complex topics in ways that are relatable and understandable for readers.
- Well-versed with SEO and writing high-quality content.
- Highly organized and able to manage your time to meet deadlines.
- Proven experience delivery value-based communications.
- Empathy for readers and curiosity to understand their needs and wants.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including email marketing, social media, and web analytics.
- Meticulous eye for detail.
- Experience using Webflow and HubSpot preferred.