Do you nerd out over the next big Instagram story trend? Do you have a strongly held opinion on the Oxford comma or the CMS vs. AP Stylebook debate? Better yet: Are you inspired by working with change-making healthcare nonprofits to drive real patient outcomes? If so, then you might be exactly who we’re looking for.
The Yakkety Yak Content Editor will collaborate with our in-house content team and account managers and with freelance resources to create high-impact, on-brand content for our client portfolio. Candidates must have a knack and love for writing, a comprehensive understanding of content, and experience writing and editing compelling copy and blog posts that achieve business goals. Can you say “voice and tone,” anyone? Content initiatives include editing copy for blogs, social media, websites, video/multimedia, marketing materials and newsletters.
This Content Editor role will join our healthcare nonprofit suite, working with neurology-focused nonprofits with global reach. Key clients include the American Headache Society, the American Migraine Foundation and the International Concussion Society. Our recent work includes a global World Brain Day campaign driving awareness of migraine as a debilitating disease.
We don’t have all the answers and we don’t expect you to, either. We do expect that you’ll show up ready to take initiative, self-educate, and have some fun along the way.
What You’ll Do
- Review email, website, blog and social media content for grammar and accuracy
- Manage contributors and writers by assigning storylines and deadlines, providing editorial guidelines, and requesting revisions as needed
- Contribute to long-form content projects such as case studies, email marketing campaigns and other premium content
- Edit social media and email newsletter copy as well as provide feedback on visuals/graphics for industry and company-specific tone, voice, and brand across multiple client accounts
- Contribute to and maintain an editorial calendar that seeks to improve blog strategies/tactics across multiple client accounts and meet calendar deadlines
- Work with our digital strategist to optimize content for search and identify new SEO opportunities
- Manage CMS on HubSpot, WordPress or Squarespace
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years of professional writing and editing experience, showcasing the ability to adopt the style, tone and voice of a wide range of businesses across multiple types of content
- Healthcare industry experience strongly preferred; agency experience preferred
- Experience editing social media content to make it shine
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects from multiple clients with many moving parts
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently, manage a team of writers and manage projects from multiple clients with many moving parts
- Confront any hurdles with a calm, positive mindset and a sense of confidence
- Ability to find creative, unorthodox solutions without close supervision
- Hubspot Inbound Certification (upon start date)
- Experience creating engaging content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Understanding of SEO and how to write search-worthy content
- WordPress and Squarespace knowledge
- Email automation in platforms including Constant Contact, MailChimp and HubSpot
What You Will Love About Us
We believe in taking care of our team. Our market-leading benefits include:
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision—and pet insurance! Staying happy and healthy is a top priority.
- Unlimited PTO. We work hard and deliver for our clients, but we also have families and lives outside the office. We also offer the opportunity to work from home when needed.
- Market-leading parental leave policy. Who says you can’t grow your family while growing an agency.
- Commuter benefits. Make that daily train ride a little easier with pre-tax withholding for CTA and Metra cards.
- Competitive compensation. We’re looking for top talent.
- Loft-style office in West Loop Gate. Steps from Union Station, multiple CTA stops, and all that West Loop has to offer.
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital agency in growth mode. We believe in making it easier for nonprofits and small business owners to connect with their ideal customers through creative, high-impact digital marketing. We are meticulous about our work, driven to excel, always reaching for new ideas, and professional in our approach. We love doers. We love dreamers. And we love kickass storytelling.
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 5 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Submit a link to recent articles, sample work product or professional website