Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
2 Job Description Summary
The Salesforce Data Analytics Analyst will work closely with the Salesforce Platform and neighboring data teams. You will be responsible for providing operational and strategic level analytical support to various Business Units at Travelers.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate excellent judgement, work well under pressure, prioritize effectively and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the company. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands and supports a complex data model, across multiple lines of business
- Understands how sales information is interrelated based on the underlying data model
- Realizes when existing fields are serving similar purposes, championing the mindset of “common as possible and unique as necessary”
- Understands how security & our UI impacts information usage and can assess when fields are of limited to no use to the business
- Understands Salesforce-specific data modelling concepts (not required, but definitely a plus)
- Applies and adheres to existing standards for object creation and maintenance
- Data Analysis, Acquisition, Preparation, and Exploration:
- Independently review, prepare, design and integrate complex (type, quality, volume) data, correcting problems and recommend data cleansing/quality solutions to issues. Review unfamiliar data sources.
- Develop moderate data derivations and apply with complex business transformation rules and data requirements.
- Perform analysis of complex (type, quality, volume) sources to determine value and use. Determine and recommend data to include in analytical projects.
- Create moderate (technology and features) data visualization techniques to help support data exploration.
- Occasionally present data visualizations to help support data exploration.
- Data Solutions & Analytic Implementations:
- Lead the operationalizing and automation of complex data (more systems, data sets and streams, size of data sets more substantial) products into business.
- Establish frameworks to acquire, integrate and operationalize data.
- Build, test, and implement complex analytic business processes, including pilots and proof of concepts.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or enhancements.
- Data Culture:
- Present and translate complex information in relevant business terms.
- Work within Travelers standards, processes, and protocols.
- Incorporate core data management competencies – data governance, data security, data quality.
- Independently train business users on data products/analytic environment.
- 4 years of relevant experience with data tools, techniques, and manipulation required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Shows an ability, aptitude, and interest in learning new business workflows and new technologies
- Uses various technologies to assist in data analysis, including: SalesForce Developer Console, SalesForce Data Loader, Oracle, Sql Server, Excel
- Experience building SQL Queries
- Ensures the business meaning behind the data is clear to our development teams, and addresses any needed clarifications in a timely manner
- Understands functional use cases and readily extrapolates them into data requirements
- Understands how business data can change overtime to ensure this is considered in functional use cases, development and testing
- Ensures historical data considerations are discussed when the team delivers new capabilities
- Reviews static data sets and understands when assumptions are being made that need further business clarifications
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Displays attention to detail, persistence through ambiguity, and is comfortable working with both business and IT partners
- Sees the larger purpose of quality information
- Ensures that data quality checks are applied to our UI, middle layer, and backend systems
- Works with QA to build out robust test data suites across our Salesforce environments
- Ensures test cases cover all data scenarios to promote data quality
- Ensures meaningful business data is available and included in business partner demos
- Assists in integration capability demos and POCs, with an ability to tailor the conversation to a high-level business audience
- Assists in historical data cleansing, research, and maintenance in a variety of tools (Salesforce, SQL, and Oracle)
- Assists with data transfers between Salesforce, Outlook and marketing technology tools
- Sees patterns in information and how different data sources can be combined, to inform sound business decisions
- Provides requirements to develop analytic capabilities and platforms, leveraging insights from area experts and SMEs
- Has knowledge of agile processes, ceremonies, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Collaborates with product management, engineering and other cross-functional teams to manage a platform to facilitate data sharing
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members – including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Able to recognize, analyze, and diagnose business and data issues of advanced complexity.
- Able to creatively evaluate alternative solutions.
- Able to reuse previously completed processes.
- Demonstrates the ability to make routine decisions independently and escalates when necessary.
- Relationship Management:
- Ability to build and foster relationships with team, business, and technical partners to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others’ views. Able to recognize and support team priorities.
- Able to coordinate with other technical areas to achieve project/department or division goals.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Able to manage time and competing priorities and provide management with accurate and timely status information.
- Able to accurately evaluate and estimate tasks.
- Exhibits team leadership and collaborates with partners.
- Beginning to provide feedback and/or coaching.
- May collaborate across the Enterprise and participate in pipeline programs.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.