Bright Cellars is now a Work from Anywhere company. This means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees, and the location of all roles is flexible.
Who We Are Bright Cellars* is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
Our Mission* is to inspire and educate a new generation of wine lovers by delivering a transformative, personalized wine experience.
We are obsessed with creating a member-centric wine journey.
We value smart, sustainable growth.
We are curious and humble learners.
We cultivate a diverse, collaborative, and transparent workplace.
We identify our challenges quickly and solve them thoughtfully.
We hold each other accountable to success.
We back our intuition and experience with data-driven insights.
We love wine and work to share that love with our members.
How Bright Cellars Works Our members join Bright Cellars by taking a 7 question-quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Points learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to determine the best wine matches for each member’s taste. Each month, members receive four or six unique bottles in the mail, which they are then able to rate and provide personalized feedback on their profile. Similar to Netflix’s collaborative filtering algorithm, Bright Cellars’s algorithm uses this feedback to improve members’ monthly matches going forward.
A Little About This Role*
Bright Cellars is looking for a Strategic Business Analyst to join our Finance team. This position will have the opportunity to provide solutions to unique business problems within a growing company. You will develop strategy plans and insights from a variety of situations and turn learnings into an actionable path forward.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with data and metrics to back up business cases, planning, and decisions
- Build analyses, tools, and dashboards that communicate results, expose new opportunities, and provoke action in leadership
- Understand and utilize Bright Cellars business tools, delivering data-backed recommendations
- Utilize expert Excel skills to translate data into simple business intelligence
- Reason through vague, high-level asks, turning them into concrete deliverables
- Manage multiple work streams with ease by successfully and thoughtfully putting together project plans to adhere to deadlines
Experience We’re Looking For:
- 2-4 years of experience in either a strategic finance or corporate analytics/analyst function.
- Advanced experience in MS Excel
- Experienced at assessing situations, performing analysis, and providing recommendations to senior leadership to meet organizational objectives
- Experience with planning processes, associated data and reporting are required.
- Ability to work well independently and within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Math, Economics, Analytics, or similar). Requisite experience can serve as a substitute.
- Experience in one of the following business areas: Growth including Customer Segmentation and Analysis, Product Marketplace Operations, cost-benefit analyses, CPG & Direct-to-Consumer verticals also a plus.
- Ability to gain a thorough understanding of the company’s business processes, and the ability to apply data to big picture goals
- SQL & Python
Who You Are:
- You’re Analytical- You are able to analyze data and make informed business decisions based on the information you have
- You’re A Strong Communicator- You have the ability to communicate your findings cross functionally to stakeholders
- You’re Driven- You take initiative to get things done, and embrace change
- You’re Team Oriented- You are a team player and are willing to jump in where needed
Perks of Working at Bright Cellars:
- Competitive total compensation offerings
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexibility & work/life balance
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Heavily discounted monthly wine memberships
- Opportunity to attend wine tastings led by our resident sommelier
- Opportunity to build something incredible while being surrounded by intelligent, hardworking and motivated coworkers
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up!
Job Type: Full-time