Chicago, Illinois / Full-time
This position is only open to Chicago area candidates. Our team works under a hybrid remote/in-person model. While we are primarily WFH for the time being, we plan to resume some in-person meetings when it is safe to do so.
Figo was born in a Chicago-based Google tech hub. Passionate about changing how consumers view and interact with insurance, as well as holistically improving the life of pets, Figo developed the Figo Pet Cloud with today’s pet parent in mind: socially connected, on-the-go, and mobile-dependent. Combined with simple and affordable insurance plans, Figo delivers peace of mind to customers across America. The Figo team is creative, dynamic and fast-paced, and we seek an energetic, self-motivated individual to join us.
The Brand Writer will be integral in creating Figo’s brand voice and tone across all channels and in helping Figo maximize exciting new opportunities related to upcoming high-profile partnerships and an organizational rebrand. Your primary responsibilities will be to write copy and develop creative content that maintains consistent, branded message of the company in both style and substance. This is the perfect opportunity for those looking to see the impact of their work at a national level.
You’re creative and organized, with a passion for writing brand-aligned communications that connect with your audience. Your writing is efficient, impactful, and strategic. Your work ethic is strong, and your peers describe you as conscientious, diligent, resourceful, and a team contributor. Most of all, you are excited about helping to create a forward-thinking brand that truly impacts the lives of pet parents.
- Infuse the Figo brand across the customer experience, applying Figo voice and tone to customer touchpoints.
- Write copy and create content that maintains consistent, branded message of the company in both style and substance.
- Ideate and construct creative copy for digital advertising campaigns.
- Develop copy for large-scale partnership campaigns.
- Gather information about requirements for writing assignments, collaborating across departments to make sure the right stakeholders are involved and getting sign-off from appropriate people.
- Update all marketing content to market Figo’s new products across D2C, referral, and sales channels.
- Assist other departments with writing and communication.
- You are an excellent copywriter. You know how to write concise copy that taps into the emotions of our audience.
- You are organized and comfortable in taking initiative. You can run with new ideas from initial concept and execution, to measuring success and making refinements along the way.
- You take a business approach. You understand the relationship between the creative and achieving business goals, and you know how to write compelling copy to help us move our audience to action.
- You have strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
- You love working independently and as a group. You are comfortable to work cross-functionally with other departments.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast-evolving environment.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism, PR, or similar field
- 3+ years of experience writing branded content, either in-house or in an agency environment
- Strong ability to write and edit copy according to the voice of the brand
Our Technology Environment
- Cloud-based business applications and file storage (Salesforce CRM, Dropbox, etc.)
- Dashboards and User Analytics (Google)
- Microsoft Suite/Office365 (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Communication & Project Management Tools (Microsoft Teams, Trello, etc.)
- Drupal CMS