Full Job Description
As an editor at FPS, you will be responsible for the flow of content from start to finish on several campaigns spanning varied industries. Editing at FPS goes way beyond line editing—it requires a thorough understanding of what will bring value to the reader with each piece we deliver and the initiative to lead your account’s content team in making that happen.
Our most successful editors are deadline-driven and excellent communicators, with a keen eye for quality content. Working remotely also requires someone who is a self-starter but not afraid to reach out for help when needed.
Qualities we look for:
- A degree in English, Journalism, or a related field or practical experience in editing.
- Previous experience editing for B2B publications, targeting engineering audiences. Specific experience editing PCB content is a major plus.
- Interest in learning more about PCB design and electronics engineering, as well as possibly other tech-related topics.
- Proven track record of communicating and collaborating with writers to provide constructive feedback that goes beyond line editing to execute a content strategy.
- An approach to organization that allows you to comfortably manage several campaigns and pieces of content in varying levels of progress every week.
- Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts and clients to acquire necessary information and answers to questions about audience, industry, branding and tone.
- Punctuality, professionalism, and excellent time management skills.
- A reliable internet connection and computer.
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- Experience in WordPress or another CMS is preferred, but not required.
- Previous SEO experience or knowledge is preferred, but not required.
- Edit 10-12 blog articles or landing pages each week
- Research and thoroughly understand each client’s industry, audience, and subject matter, collaborating closely with your writers and account team.
- Manage the content flow on your accounts. As the editor, you’ll manage all writing assignments, writing schedules, as well as the revision process. You are also the first point of contact for in-house and freelance writers who are working on the account.
- Edit every piece of content with a fine-toothed comb for thought leadership, industry expertise, and SEO optimization, providing writers constructive feedback and edit requests to improve quality of content.
- Collaborate on overall content strategy for your campaign.
- Develop and maintain style guides for your accounts.
- Participate regularly and actively in meetings with writers, other editors, campaign managers and strategists, clients, and management.
- Develop content for special projects. These often involve more complex landing pages or web design projects, which will require you to apply a creative touch.
- Be responsible for uploading and publishing blog posts to the client website.
We provide ongoing training and professional development opportunities. We strive to be the best at what we do and have a culture of learning.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a full-time telecommuting position. First Page Sage offers health, dental and vision, and retirement benefits. We also offer 2 weeks of paid time off, 2 weeks of sick time, and standard company holidays. The salary range for this position is $48,000 – $52,000 per year.
We respond to qualified applicants with a brief email questionnaire. Strong candidates at this stage will be invited to a video interview. After interviewing, the top candidates will be invited to complete an editing skills test.
Candidates who successfully complete the test will be invited to a video conference interview with several members of our team.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Required fluency to read and speak English
- Required to attend & participate in virtual meetings weekly
- Required to type and read
- Required to utilize Google Docs, Taskworld, and the internet for 8 hours per day
- Dedicated workspace is preferred though not required
- Required to structure environment conducive to productivity
Required to have consistent access to a computer and microphone during working hours. Webcam preferred but not required
Internal Thought Leadership Requires Diversity and Inclusion at Every Level
We are committed to excellence and this means creating a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, or national origin. We value this variety of viewpoints and look forward to you adding your unique voice.