Comic Book Resources (CBR)
CBR is looking for an Associate News Writer to help source, brainstorm, produce, self-edit and publish original new content for our knowledgeable audience.
Candidates should be experts in the field of TV/Movies, with an in-depth understanding of the latest, most breaking and biggest news trends. We want researchers whose fingers are firmly on the pulse of the TV/Movie world and its culture, and who know exactly where to look for its most interesting developments.
At the same time, we want seasoned content creators with proven experience writing clean, informative copy to tight deadlines and exacting editorial standards.
CBR welcomes everyone. We are striving for more representation on our site and we want to hear YOUR voice. We’re always looking for skilled and passionate writers to make an impact in the world of comics. We want the voices on our site to reflect the diversity of the community it serves.
- Trawling relevant daily news feeds for breaking developments and trends, and delivering them to the CBR News Editorial Team,
- Exploring relevant social media feeds, including Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, TikTok and others for news stories, to give context to them and gauge audience feedback,
- Tuning in to popular podcasts, streams and YouTube shows to enhance Comic Book coverage,
- Researching, writing, self-editing and posting 3 to 5 relevant TV/Movie News items per weekday.
- Coordinate with News Shift Editors and Senior CBR News Editor for assignments and feedback
- Cover Letter
- 2 – 3 sample titles you would present right now as suitable CBR news pieces
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Broad working knowledge of old and current comics
- Available at peak hours and strategic posting times strongly preferred; weekend availability a plus.
The hiring team at CBR will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you’d make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
CBR is dedicated to achieving a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves. We welcome applications from women, BIPOC professionals, persons with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQ+, and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
***This is a freelance, remote, work from home position***