Ambassador Lab’s mission is to help organizations, big and small, embrace the cloud-native culture. We believe that cloud-native organizations can better help their customers and improve their businesses.
Ambassador Labs (formerly Datawire), the cloud native developer experience leader, enables developers to code, ship, and run applications faster and easier than ever. Maker of top Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)open source projects, including Emissary-ingress and Telepresence, Ambassador Labs delivers a developer control plane for Kubernetes that integrates the development, deployment, and production infrastructure for developers and organizations worldwide including Microsoft, PTC, NVidia, and Ticketmaster. Ambassador Labs is backed by top investors including Insight Partners, Matrix Partners, Trinity Ventures, and Four Rivers Group.
We are opening several roles for an Associate Customer Engineer [ACE] to keep up with demand.
The ACE is in a highly visible customer-facing role, helping our prospects and customers successfully deploy Ambassador in their environment. You’ll be responsible for educating our customers on best practices as well as technical troubleshooting. You’ll also work closely with engineering and product management to improve the product and reproduce technical issues.
As part of the ACE program, candidates will spend the first 120 days undergoing our state-of the-art training program to learn kubernetes, cloud, and our technology. After 120 days, you will be promoted to a department within the organization. This role is a tremendous opportunity for someone who is eager to learn about state-of-the-art cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes and Envoy Proxy. You’ll also learn how to engage and interact with a large and vibrant open source community.
- Educate customers on cloud-native best practices.
- Troubleshoot, test and validate software issues with urgency and maintain thorough documentation of all software solutions.
- Diagnose technical issues/bugs and work with our engineering and product management teams to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Provide hands-on assistance with customer onboarding, implementation and deployments.
- Analyze logs and communications to determine the root cause of issues and triage risk.
- Contribute to the development of our internal knowledge base.
- Desire to support highly technical software products.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with proven ability to initiate and manage relationships with customers of all levels.
- Experience helping people in a personal or professional setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from a four-year university
We strongly believe that Ambassador Labs’ success is dependent on hiring a diverse team. Diversity means a broader spectrum of opinions, ways of working and approaches to solving problems; we feel it is critical to helping drive the creativity, innovation and sound decision-making our customers love us for!
This is a demanding application process and a significant career move that’s well worth considering. We appreciate you giving us that consideration, and we promise to give you our full attention in return. Talk to you soon!