Full Job Description
Artificial Intelligence Full Stack Developer
Chicago, IL or Lake Forest, CA
You will be co-located with the artificial intelligence development team members in either the Chicago, IL or the Lake Forest, CA office. The team is distributed and will work remotely most days of the week, but you can expect to come into the office a few times each month to work with the team on planning and for technical workshops.
AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software, driving digital transformation and sustainability. By connecting the power of information and artificial intelligence with human insight, AVEVA enables teams to use their data to unlock new value. We call this Performance Intelligence. AVEVA’s comprehensive portfolio enables more than 20,000 industrial enterprises to engineer smarter, operate better and drive sustainable efficiency. AVEVA supports customers through a trusted ecosystem that includes 5,500 partners and 5,700 certified developers around the world. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with over 6,500 employees and 90 offices in over 40 countries. Learn more at www.aveva.com.
No. You will be part of a small team of 2-6 developers, testers, and data scientists, but will not be responsible for managing any team members.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Research & Development function at AVEVA is a global team of over 2000 engineers and computer scientists. We work on more than 75 leading industrial automation and engineering products. Our focus, passion, and collaboration help us to deliver innovative, high-quality, and secure industrial software and delight our customers.
You will be a member of the Artificial Intelligence (AI) software development team. Our team works with other product teams across the business to promote AI and develop AI content. You will work on developing the interface and services that link artificial intelligence features with the end user. You will work closely with the development mangers, testers, data scientists and other developers to ensure the software being developed will securely meet the needs of the end user and perform with high quality and
IN THIS ROLE
You will help develop the UI and services layer for the integration of AI into new and existing products. You will help develop the systems that allow customers to interact with AI services. This will include identifying goals for the AI, setting up and managing training data, reviewing the results of the trained data, and running the AI services in the background. You will help develop visualization tools to support analysis and feedback for the user and integration points to support secure access or send information to other systems.
- Work with stakeholders to define requirements
- Rapid prototype development for early feedback
- Break down features into vertical, testable user stories
- Design distributed algorithms, data structures for performance and scalability
- Develop and test features (automated and manual testing)
- Work with QA to define testing requirements and coordinate on testing efforts
- Participate in daily stand ups, bi-weekly planning, and bi-weekly software demonstrations.
- Capture functional specifications, work with the documentation team to produce and review customer facing documents.
- Analyse and solve performance issues.
- Identify and address scalability concerns early in the development process.
You should have experience working with complex, distributed systems and an enthusiasm for applying artificial intelligence and automation to solve real-world problems. You should have experience in these areas:
- Enthusiasm for AI and machine learning
- C# or C++
- Client / server, distributed, or cloud computing development experience
- Experience designing and troubleshooting algorithms for complex systems
- Unit and automation test development
- Comfortable with basic statistical and mathematical concepts
Experience in any of these other areas will be very helpful with your day-to-day work. These are preferred areas of experience, but they are not required for application to this role.
- Cloud and edge application development
- Commercial product development and support
- Hands on machine learning experience (product usage, development, tools, testing, etc.)
- Cyber security / authentication
- Distributed system development
- Data visualization and reporting
- UX design experience, responsive design
- Progressive Web Applications
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being an exemplar employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity and the expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.