Apollo Neuroscience has developed a first-of-its-kind wearable that is scientifically validated to improve people’s resilience to stress. A spinout of research between the University of Pittsburgh and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, our small company is already helping thousands of people all over the world.
We’re in a unique position to both help people understand their own mental and physical health better while simultaneously using that information to offer them direct therapeutic help through our revolutionary device.
Most of our team is split between CA and Pittsburgh, PA, but like nearly everyone else, we operate remotely these days and this position can be 100% remote. From the beginning, we’ve always had remote team members and we’re always thinking about how we can improve our processes to make remote work as successful as possible.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Android App Software Engineer with solid software development skills who is familiar with agile development techniques and interested in both hands-on development and technical leadership responsibilities. You will collaborate closely with the project manager, the design team and the chief software architect.
You will need strong UI skills and possess a passion for constructing solid, reliable applications for handheld devices. You will have a deep commitment to the creation of usable, useful and engaging customer experiences.
This is a position with significant growth potential for the right individual.
Android Developer Responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining applications for Android devices.
- Faithful implementation of user interface designs provided by UX team.
- Adherence to company software development processes and standards.
- Software Development experience: 5+ years.
- Android application development experience: 3+ years.
- Implementation of designs provided by UX teams: 3+ years.
- Advanced proficiency with Kotlin.
- Deep understanding of Android SDKs.
- Version control systems, in particular GIT: 1-3 years.
- Solid communication skills.
- Previous projects involving app communication with Bluetooth LE peripherals: 2+ years.
- AWS Mobile SDKs for Android (Cognito, AppSync, Amplify).