Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Phillipines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
Summary of Role:
The Analyst, Design Engineering will be responsible for generating and maintaining metrics, reports, KPIs, and data models in the System Design Engineering organization. Within the Analyst role, you will work cross-functionally with different teams to understand the business, generate meaningful data, and extract insights useful for business improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage continuously evolving System Design and Engineering metrics and data systems
- Develop and maintain KPIs that ensure quality products are generated from design processes
- Drill into the data to find insights, inconsistencies, and nuanced learnings
- Partner with key personnel in the organization to develop improved business processes
- Create and utilize reports and deliver data to stakeholders
- Workforce planning
- Develop and manage key performance indicators that align with department and company goals
- Be open to change, creative, optimistic, and set the example for team culture
- 2+ years of experience data analysis or data science
- Well versed in Salesforce, Excel, data connectors, and online data analysis software
- Data analysis proficiency
- Experience with process mapping, automation, algorithms
- Software development in relation to automation
- Knowledge in solar construction methods or design
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
At SunPower, we value the health and safety of all our team members. We support and encourage our employees to form a healthy and stable environment where they can succeed. Below we have listed the working requirements and environment for this role:
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for working hours
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable method
- Able to position and move objects up to 10 pounds
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- The position requires travel with the potential of overnight stays between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Less than or equal to 30% travel.
- Day to day work is completed in the office or remotely at personal computer M-F, first shift hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.